Happy Friday, friends! Here are five things I’m excited about this week.
1. I woke up to a very rare sight this morning.
I’m so happy today is my flex day. I don’t plan on going anywhere — people in Victoria don’t know how to drive in the snow and we don’t have the infrastructure to deal with it, so it’s best to avoid driving anywhere if possible when it snows here. It also doesn’t help that we live on a hilly, twisty road that’s always the last to get plowed and de-iced. We had a bit of snow earlier this week and I was sliding all over the place trying to get from my house to the main road to work. Needless to say I’m glad I don’t have to go anywhere today, and get to spend the day playing in the snow with the dogs, doing a bit of writing and baking cookies.
2. I was accepted to be on the Vancouver Island Trail Running Series (formerly known as the Gutbuster Trail Running Series) racing team!
I’ll be doing the long course races (12-19 km), and will be running all but one that happens to fall on the same weekend as Seaweeze. The first race is in Cobble Hill in April, which is great as it gives me something to keep training for over the winter. Debbie and I have been hitting the trails pretty regularly so this just gives me more motivation to get out there to run!
3. I finished part 1 of 3 for my application into UVic’s MBA program. Once the admissions committee reviews it, next up as an interview and taking the GMAT. Fingers crossed!
4. Christmas decorating and dogs in hats.
5. Surprise books in the mail!
I got this book in the mail last week and have no idea who it’s from (I’m guessing my Oiselle Volée secret Santa!). It’s funny though because I was just saying last week to my bestie how I wanted to read this book (I just picked up Murakami’s 1Q84), and here it is! This will be perfect reading for our upcoming Maui vacation!
What are you reading right now? Do you have any other good book recommendations to share?
What’s your perfect way to spend a snow day?