I assure you it’s actually really good and a great quick and nutritious meal for people who can’t have dairy (but can have gluten) and LOVE pizza. This version is vegan, but you could add any topping you want. I love the crispy baked kale on top. I eat this for dinner at least twice a week when I need something quick and easy.
- 1 whole wheat Greek-style pita – make sure you read the label; the only ingredients on it you should see are yeast, flour, olive oil and salt. If you had some time on the weekend, you could even make it yourself.
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic pizza sauce or tomato paste – I like Eden Organic.
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup red pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Top pita bread with sauce, kale, mushrooms, peppers, and nutritional yeast.
- Bake pizza on a tray in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut up and eat!
- Glass of wine optional but recommended.
What else would you put on this pizza? What are your favourite pizza toppings? Do you have any good dairy-free pizza recipes to share?