Happy Friday, friends!
After a great long run last weekend and solid week of training this week, I’m feeling ready to run hard at the Beat The Blerch Half Marathon in Seattle this Saturday! Although I’m not sure how realistic running faster than my marathon race pace will be at this race, given that I’ll be fully amused and distracted by people chasing us in Blerch suits, Nutella and birthday cake aid stations, and Mr. The Oatmeal himself, Matthew Inman, who will be there running (hopefully in a Blerch suit?) and signing copies of his comics. I also read that there will be a KITTEN TENT. FOR CUDDLING AND ADOPTING KITTENS. The only thing that would make this race more amazing is free post-race wine and chocolate. Oh, and a puppy tent, too.
If you live under a rock and are unfamiliar with The Oatmeal and what this race is all about, you have some reading (and cry-laughing) to do:
- If My Dogs Were A Pair of Middle-Aged Men
- My Dog – The Paradox
- Having a Baby vs. Having a Cat
- How To Tell If Your Cat is Plotting To Kill You
- The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distance (my favourite)
- 10 Words You Need To Stop Misspelling (we actually have a larger poster of this in our office at work)
- Minor Differences