It’s Monday and I’m still tired and sore.
But heading down to Los Angeles for IDEA World Fitness Blogfest 2016 was so worth it.
In case you want to just skip to the good parts, here are the highlights:
- Meeting Ariana, Beth, Megan, Susie, Jessica, Lea, Christiana, Ashley, Ivanna, Carleeh, Stephanie, Kelli, Teresa, and Jamie and Alyse (as well as many other fabulous bloggers) in real life and getting to hang out with them for the entire weekend
- A sweaty group run through downtown LA
- All the free food, swag and snacks we got – seriously, I’ve never been so spoiled at a conference. Sweat Pink and all the sponsors truly outdid themselves! Buffet breakfast and lunches, all the protein bars, yogurt, hummus and veggies we could possibly eat, and lots of take home goodies
- Watching 90-year-old Elaine Lalanne (Jack Lalanne’s wife) take on Tony Horton in a push-up competition
- Hearing Amy Van Dyken‘s story – it was truly inspirational and she’s a very funny lady
- Getting my butt kicked (and slapped by Susie during a plank exercise where we had to partner up and try to push the other person off balance) in bloggers-only a workout with Gunnar Peterson
- Late night Whole Foods dinner runs, business chats and celebrity spotting with Ariana
- Getting yelled at by Jillian Michaels during her BodyShed workout
- Doing a combo workout of Insanity/P90X/Turbo Kick/Cize and Country Heat (I couldn’t take that one seriously) with the Sweat Pink crew
- Checking out all the latest, greatest and weirdest in fitness and health at the expo (LOL at that car-buffer massage thing)
- Hearing and being inspired by lectures from David Katz, John Berardi and Yoni Freedhoff at the nutrition and behaviour change summit (these people are smart and get it – follow them if you aren’t already!)
- Did I mention all the free food and swag?
On Thursday and Friday, we sat in on a series of blogger-focused lectures and workshops, which included sessions about how to use SnapChat, how to collect/use emails, content marketing, iPhone food photography, blogger round tables and peer reviews. (more…)